We believe that strong families build strong communities. Our new Family Services programme is based on this belief and takes a holistic approach that empowers families to thrive in our most vulnerable communities.
The programme is supported by three services:
- Access to basic services e.g. access to schooling, health care, shelter, food.
- Individual, family & group counselling
- Specialised therapeutic support including access to social workers and psychological support to guide and refer
- Group work (peer-to-peer, support groups, family mediation)
- Case management (including follow-ups, accompaniment to DSD, SASSA, hospitals)
- Emergency relief food parcels when needed
- Disability support, providing logistical support for people living with disabilities;
- Community awareness workshops (e.g. Substance Abuse, Child Abuse, Mental Health)
- Training courses (e.g. Parenting & personal development)
Life Skills and Recreation
- Life skills for men using the modules of the Fatherhood programme from Hearts of Men to help men and youth identify their goals and learn tools to achieve them.
- Handyman tips to empower and upskill men to become self-sufficient.
- Skills training that prepares participants for the world of work and lifelong learning.
- Recreational activities: judo, basketball, swimming and hiking.
- Trauma management with social workers providing psychological support, counselling sessions, and referrals
- Sexual and Reproductive Health education for youth and their families
- Addiction support for families and individuals. Providing healthcare, support and referals.