Job Vacancy: Information Technology Manager
(Permanent role based at Head Office – Woodstock)
Ikamva Labantu is a non-profit organisation that works throughout Cape Town’s township communities towards a more just society where human rights can be fully actualised. We have a holistic and community-led approach to the sustainable development of impoverished communities, focusing on early childhood development, the well-being of older persons and afterschool initiatives for children. We have been working with at-risk communities for 60 years by providing resources, training, and support.
The Information Technology Manager is responsible for managing and providing hardware and software maintenance, training, consultation and recommendations about future planning and development of resources. Providing these services in an effective manner will ensure maximum access to and implementation of technology services and resources.
Key Performance Areas:
• Ensures a supportive I.T. environment by providing current hardware and software.
• Manage information technology and computer systems.
• Monitor and maintain technology to ensure maximum access.
• Ensures a robust and highly reliable technology infrastructure.
• Manage the Business Continuity Plan / Risk Document.
• General I.T. duties.
Minimum Requirements & Competencies:
• Relevant Information Technology qualification (Advanced Diploma or a Degree).
• Relevant Information Technology certification (A+, N+, Office 365Administrator, Microsoft Windows Server Administrator, etc).
• 5 years’ experience in Information Technology (preferably in an NGO environment).
• Proven administration and management experience.
• Knowledge of relevant Information Technology legislation and governance.
• Driver’s Licence and own vehicle would be advantageous.
• Excellent verbal and written English ability and strong attention to detail.
• Planning and organising ability and strong interpersonal skills.
• Experience in networking/facilitating partnerships and working with external stakeholders.
A market related remuneration package is offered, and Ikamva Labantu is committed to the principles of Employment Equity Legislation.
Please forward application by email to the Human Resources Department at xo****@ik****.za
Closing Date: Open until filled.
Commencement Date: 01 February 2024.