VACANCY CIRCULAR 01/06/2022
FUNDRAISING & MARKETING MANAGER
(PERMANENT ROLE BASED AT HEAD OFFICE – WOODSTOCK)
Please click on the link below to view the job advertisement:
Ikamva Labantu is a non-profit organisation that works throughout Cape Town’s township communities towards
a more just society where human rights can be fully actualised. We have a holistic and community-led approach
to the sustainable development of impoverished communities, with a focus on early childhood development,
the wellbeing of older persons and afterschool initiatives for children. We have been working with at-risk
communities for over 55 years through the provision of resources, training, and support.
The purpose of this role is to manage day to day Fundraising & Marketing Operations and ensuring sustainability
and visibility for Ikamva Labantu work through both functions but also through an integrated discipline
Key Performance Areas:
• Implement a fundraising and a donor communications strategy;
• Create and maintain financial stability;
• Donor servicing and networking;
• People management and development;
• Manage and oversee the marketing function of the department.
Minimum Requirements & Competencies:
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as marketing, communications, business administration, and
indication / proof of continuous learning in the sector;
• 5 years’ experience in a Fundraising role with marketing / communications responsibilities in an
organisation with an annual donor income budget exceeding R20 million;
• Proven track record in fundraising;
• Proven experience in people management;
• Understanding of customer relationship management (CRM) systems, bulk E-mails;
• Driver’s Licence and own vehicle;
• Excellent verbal and written English ability and strong attention to detail;
• Planning and organising ability and strong interpersonal skills;
• Experience in networking/facilitating partnerships and working with external stakeholders;
• Enthusiasm and willingness to work within township communities.
A market related remuneration package is offered, and Ikamva Labantu is committed to the principles of
Employment Equity Legislation.
Please forward application by email to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com
Closing Date: 15 June 2022
Commencement date: 1 August 2022
If not contacted within 14 days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.