VACANCY CIRCULAR 30/05/2022
CLUB ASSISTANT: SENIORS DEPARTMENT
(PERMANENT ROLE BASED AT ENKULULEKWENI WELLNESS CENTRE IN KHAYELITSHA)
Please click on the links below to view the job advertisement:
Ikamva Labantu is a non-profit organisation that works throughout Cape Town’s township communities towards a more just society where human rights can be fully actualised. We have a holistic and community-led approach to the sustainable development of impoverished communities, with a focus on early childhood development, the wellbeing of older persons and afterschool initiatives for children. We have been working with at-risk communities for over 55 years through the provision of resources, training, and support.
The purpose of this role is to be responsible for the overall implementation of the curriculum and management of the seniors clubs daily programme. The successful candidate will report to the Programme Co-ordinator.
Key Performance Areas:
- Planning and Implementation
Minimum Requirements & Competencies:
- A qualification in Auxiliary Social Work or as a Community development worker would be advantageous.
- Basic administrative skills with computer literacy.
- Knowledge of community development.
- Relevant experience in supervising and/or monitoring and evaluation advantageous.
- Good verbal and written English skills with isiXhosa skills being advantageous.
- The ability to:
- work within the townships.
- work flexible hours when required.
A market related remuneration package is offered, and Ikamva Labantu is committed to the principles of Employment Equity Legislation.
Please forward application by email to the Human Resources Department at Nomvuyo@ikamva.co.za
Closing Date: 12 June 2022
Commencement date: as soon as possible
If not contacted within 14 days after closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.