VACANCY CIRCULAR 05/05/2022
REGISTRATION HELP DESK COMMUNITY BASED WORKER: ECD DEPARTMENT
(PERMANENT ROLE BASED AT OUR ECD CENTRE IN KHAYELITSHA)
To view official job advertisement, click here.
Ikamva Labantu is a non-profit organisation that works throughout Cape Town’s township communities towards a more just society where human rights can be fully actualised. We have a holistic and community-led approach to the sustainable development of impoverished communities, with a focus on early childhood development, the wellbeing of older persons and afterschool initiatives for children. We have been working with at-risk communities for over 55 years through the provision of resources, training, and support.
The purpose of this role is to provide guidance and support to ECD principals in meeting the minimum standards to achieve and maintain registration with the Department of Social Development.
Key Performance Areas:
· Support Educares to achieve and maintain registration status.
· Support Principals in implementing the principal’s programme.
· Identification and management of vulnerable children in ECD Centres.
· Report writing.
· Community involvement and networking.
Minimum Requirements & Competencies:
· A grade 12 certificate/minimum of NQF Level 4 Qualification.
· Community Development will be advantageous.
· Minimum of three years working experience in the ECD field specifically DSD registration process.
· Good verbal and written English and isiXhosa.
· Physically fit to walk in the streets.
· The ability to:
- work within the townships.
- work flexible hours when required.
· Computer literacy in MS Office.
· Planning and organising ability and strong interpersonal skills.
· Clearance certificate from the Child Protection Register (CPR) or able to produce proof of Form 29 submission to the Department of Social Development, Private Bag X901, Pretoria 0001.
A market related remuneration package is offered, and Ikamva Labantu is committed to the principles of Employment Equity Legislation.
Please forward application by email to the Human Resources Department at Nomvuyo@ikamva.co.za
Closing Date: 16 May 2022
Commencement date: as soon as possible.
If not contacted within 14 days after closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.