VACANCY CIRCULAR 15/02/2022
NURSING ASSISTANT: SENIORS DEPARTMENT
(PERMANENT ROLE BASED AT ENKULULEKWENI WELLNESS CENTRE IN KHAYELITSHA)
Ikamva Labantu is a non-profit organisation that works throughout Cape Town’s township communities towards a more just society where human rights can be fully actualised. We have a holistic and community-led approach to the sustainable development of impoverished communities, with a focus on early childhood development, the wellbeing of older persons and afterschool initiatives for children. We have been working with at-risk communities for over 55 years through the provision of resources, training and support.
The purpose of this role is to provide basic nursing services competently and efficiently to participating seniors within our organisation under the supervision of a professional nurse. These services shall treat all people with dignity, respect, care and compassion while recognising their individual health beliefs, needs and values.
Key Performance Areas:
- Implementation of Basic Nursing Care
- Health Education and Promotion
- Effective Utilisation of Resources
- Health Administration and Recordkeeping
- Relationship Management, Reporting and Administration
Minimum Requirements & Competencies:
- Nursing Assistant (Provision of proof of registration with HPCSA/Nursing Council – annually). Maintain annual continuing professional development requirements at own cost.
- Qualification in Administration and Management Community Development.
- At least five years’ experience of working in communities and or hospitals.
- Driver’s Licence and own vehicle as well as the willingness to work flexible hours within township areas.
- Good verbal and written English skills with isiXhosa skills being advantageous.
- Computer literacy in MS Office.
- Ability to:
- working independently and to deadlines;
- follow up and through of a variety of pieces of work;
- problem-solving ability;
- planning and organising ability;
- good interpersonal skills;
- the ability to impart knowledge;
A market-related remuneration package is offered and Ikamva Labantu is committed to the principles of Employment Equity Legislation.
Please forward the application by email to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 1st March 2022
Commencement date: 1st May 2022
If not contacted within 14 days after closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.