VACANCY CIRCULAR 20/01/2022
SUITABLE QUALIFIED APPLICANTS ARE INVITED TO APPLY FOR THE FOLLOWING POST OF:
(PERMANENT ROLE BASED AT OUR ENKULULEKWENI WELLNESS CENTRE IN KHAYELITSHA)
Ikamva Labantu is a non-profit organisation that works throughout Cape Town’s township communities towards a more just society where human rights can be fully actualised. We have a holistic and community-led approach to the sustainable development of impoverished communities, with a focus on early childhood development, the wellbeing of older persons and afterschool initiatives for children. We have been working with at-risk communities for over 55 years through the provision of resources, training and support.
The purpose of this role is to empower through building knowledge and skill of staff and community members to provide basic preventative and restorative rehabilitative interventions, with the ultimate goal to improve and or maintain the quality of life of the seniors. The application of skills to be done under the supervision and with guidance from an intervention plan designed by the aforementioned rehabilitation specialist.
Key Performance Areas:
- Rehabilitation training through theory and practical
- Programme management and implementation
- Adherence to legal requirements
- Relationship Management & Networking
Minimum Requirements & Competencies:
- Registered Occupational Therapist (Provision of proof of registration with HPCSA);
- Proven relevant experience in:
- Administration and Management;
- Community development;
- Minimum of five years’ experience of managing projects and/ or programmes and staff;
- Good verbal and written English and isiXhosa ability;
- The ability to:
- work within the townships;
- work flexible hours when required;
- A valid driver’s licence and own vehicle will be advantageous.
A market-related remuneration package is offered and Ikamva Labantu is committed to the principles of Employment Equity Legislation.
Please forward your application by email to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 04 February 2022
Commencement Date: 1st April 2022.
*If not contacted within 14 days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.