We’re teaming up once again with Grandparent Giftathon to collect festive season gifts for our seniors and other vulnerable elderly citizens. This year, we’re aiming to collect 2,500 gifts!
Here’s how you can take part:
- Gifts can be dropped off at any of our drop-off points (see list below in comments). For cash donations, a team of volunteers will purchase, pack and wrap gifts with the donations received.
- The average value of a gift is R75. If you would like to shop for gifts yourself, you can include items such as:** o Toothbrush and Toothpaste o Soap o Facecloth o Small chocolate or packet of sweets o Small packet of biscuits o Packet of tissues or a handkerchief
- Optional extras:** o Small notebook and pen o Small hand or body lotion o Deck of cards, dominoes etc. o Sewing kit o Unisex pair of socks
- All gifts must fit into an ice-cream container or similar size box.
- EFT deposit directly into Grandparent Giftathon account. Please e-mail proof of payment to gr*********@gm***.com
Name: Grand Gifts
Branch Code: 470010
Account Number: 1490185605
Reference: Your name
We will be collecting gifts until 18 November 2016.
Grandparent Giftathon was founded in 2012 by Caroline de Gruchy, who passed away on 1 January this year after an extremely brave fight with cancer, which she did with such grace. Tragically, her adored niece, Lauren Kieser passed away on the same day in a motor vehicle accident. Lauren was always actively involved in the project, summoning her nearest and dearest to join in. The memory of Caroline and Lauren’s beaming smiles will forever be remembered with love.
It was Caroline’s wish that Grand Gifts continue to serve the community she cared for so deeply. In honour of these two amazing people, we are ready for Grand Gifts 2016!
Drop off points (Contact us for details):
Woodstock, Kenilworth, Newlands, Rosebank, Rondebosch, Claremont, Oranjezicht, Constantia, Westlake, Noordehoek, Milkwood Park